Tuesday, July 17, 2012

** NOTICE: NEW PHISHING SCAM **

Phishers/scammers are becoming ever more sophisticated by creating emails which appear legitimate. Knowledge is power!! Defend yourself by using the most powerful computer in the world: the one between your ears!!

Today, I received an email from "Intuit" (you know, one of the world's leading accredited tax and payroll software and services company) claiming to withdraw funds from my account in order to disburse my payroll. 


Now obviously I know I don't have any employees, but their gimmick is to scare the hell out of you that a LARGE withdrawal is pending. At that point, their hope is you'll into click on the links as you try to communicate with them to correct the error. At that point, you open the door to them obtaining (phishing) for your personal data.

>>>> Do NOT click on ANY of the links in the email!! <<<<<

0 comments:

Post a Comment