Friday, November 30, 2012

Testimonial #2

My client, Mick, had a 10 year old Dell desktop that stopped working about month ago. He took it to Best Buy and they told him he needed a new computer, urging him toward a $600 new computer. Instead, he hired me for a second opinion. I cleaned it up, tuning and updating software. Mick was ecstatic to not only save $600, but now he's back online emailing, chatting, etc. I spent 5 hours on it, but billed him for less than an hour because I wanted to show him what miracles I can do...as I build my reputation, I also build potential referrals!

In kind repayment, Mick's wife gave me a high-praised referral to the local senior center as a computer trainer and repair person. This type of bartering more than makes up for my "loss of revenue" with billing so low for such an extensive job. A win/win for us both! As a friend of mine said, "Best Marketing Strategy Ever!!" :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment